Majority of public schools in Nigeria operates with only a handful of books. Growing up back home, Mrs. Emordi (founder of Great Minds Library Initiative) had intense yearning to read, but could only find a few books. She read every piece of paper she could find. Books are essential commodities that only very few privileged Nigerian families could afford. Without books, teachers are only able to teach through memories and students learn by memorization. Without literacy, there is incredible loss of potentials in the growing Nigeria democracy. Recognizing the need, Mrs. Emordi created Great Minds Library in 2019 as a Non-profit organization geared toward Literacy .
Our mission is to empower young people as readers and leaders, so they can dream and inspire to change the world around them.
Great Minds Library Initiative visualizes a community where every person possesses the literacy skills needed to reach his or her full potential in life.
Great Minds Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to equipping libraries in public schools in the underserved areas of Nigeria. We partner with local elementary and secondary schools to help give their students access to books, libraries and literacy that they desperately need in order to reach their full potentials. With donations, Great Minds Library organizes book drives, provides space, furniture, and books to hundreds of kids.
You can help by donating to Great Minds Library Initiative through the following means:
1. Donate through our online secure link.
2. Make your checks payable to “Great Minds Library."
3. Dedicate Your Birthdays, Wedding and other celebrations to Great Minds Library Initiative.
4. Ask friends and families to make donations in your honor to Great Minds Library in place of gifts.
5. We are also always in need of new or gently used children’s Picture books and novels (fiction and nonfiction) from Preschool to 12th Grade .
Great Minds Library wants to partner with you today.
Copyright © 2019 Great Minds Library - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by CML People Empowerment Initiative